Natural Face Wash Guide for all skin types
We all have a skincare routine - the way we wash our face and apply our products for day and night. But did you know there is actually a specific way you should wash your face? Doing so will ensure you’re getting the most out of your products and ensure you get radiant clean skin every time.
A face wash should essentially get rid of dirt, sweat, sebum, bacteria, dead cells, and makeup from the skin's surface. It is extremely important to cleanse your face the right way, by choosing a face wash that is appropriate for your skin type.
In what order do I clean my face?
1. Wash your face with lukewarm water and a gentle natural face cleanser, like the Arata Refreshing Face Wash, the best natural face wash that offers radiance, bounce, and gentle exfoliation.
2. Use warm water instead of hot as it can be drying to the skin. Using warm water will help to lift dirt out of the skin.
3. Massage your face with the mild face wash in a circular motion, focusing most of your time on the T-zone, the jawline, and the hairline.
4. Try to massage your face for at least 30 seconds to a minute to ensure you are
really getting your skin clean.
5. Rinse off all the cleanser by splashing water on your face, and using your hands to remove any excess cleanser.
6. Finish by dabbing your face with a towel, making sure not to rub as this can
irritate the skin.
What should I look for in a face wash?
A rich face wash can clog pores, while a drying cleanser can irritate the skin. Do not use regular, everyday soap that would be used for your body or hands-on facial skin, as it can be too harsh, drying, and cause skin damage over time.
A face wash for dry skin should ideally be a gentle cleanser with moisturizing
ingredients and fatty acids in the form of oil.
The ideal face wash for oily skin should include ingredients that balance oil production and support clarity of the skin. Remember, it shouldn't leave your skin feeling dry and tight afterward.
If you have sensitive or combination skin, check with your dermatologist or
immunologist to run patch tests to see what may be irritating your skin.
Can we use face cleanser daily?
Using a natural face cleanser daily is usually safe for people with most skin types.
However, if you find that it tends to dry your skin out, use a mild face wash on alternate days and use lukewarm water to clean your face on others.
Everyone should use a cleanser that helps to exfoliate and remove impurities but won’t strip the skin of natural oils. Avoid products containing potentially irritating ingredients like fragrance or alcohol.
Should you use face wash every day?
Yes, one should wash their face every day, although it is important to remember that washing the face twice a day may prove to be irritating for sensitive or dry skin types.
There’s no need to wash the face more than twice a day since it might dry out your skin. Always wash your face after a workout to prevent breakouts, and wash excessively oily skin morning and night. For very dry or sensitive skin, stick to cleansing once daily in the evening.
How do you properly wash your face?
Remove your makeup before you wash your face since many cleansers can't take off your concealer or foundation completely, especially around the eyes and nose. Wet your face with lukewarm water and use your fingertips to apply the best natural face wash available. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
Follow it up by putting a moisturizing cream.