Your skin care regime depends a lot on your subjective preference, which is why there’s no such thing as a set number of products that you might use every single day. But having said that, it’s also important to remember that the success and effectiveness of a good skin care regime depends not just on the quality of the products used, but also on the order and technique in which they are applied.
Here are some tips for a good skin care regim
What should be my skincare routine?
1. Know your skin type - The first and foremost thing to focus on while entering the world of skin care is- your skin type, because applying a product meant for dry skin on someone with oily skin, will not show the desired results, and vice versa. Once you’ve figured out what your skin type is, incorporate a natural skincare routine and follow it well for at least six-eight weeks to see any noticeable changes.
2. Cleansing- The first, and the most essential step of any good skin care regime is cleansing your face well. Whether it’s removing makeup, dirt from the day, or oils accumulated at night, a gentle cleanser goes a long way in maintaining the healthy glow of your skin. Never use a harsh cleanser, since it causes the skin’s protective barrier to break, and can cause micro-tears on your skin. Opt for the best natural face wash to clean your face twice daily, and stay away from cleansers with harmful toxins.
3. Toning - Although this is an optional step, a good toner can balance your skin's pH level, tighten your pores as well as chemically exfoliate your skin. Different toners have different purposes, and it depends on your skin types and the specific issues you’re facing, while choosing the right toner for yourself.
4. Serum - Serums are quite underrated, but they’re the superheroes of skincare. A natural face serum contains extremely active and concentrated ingredients that go deep into the skin and boost the process of skin repair, and are also great for anti-aging treatments.
5. Moisturise - Moisturizer is the last step of your routine, if you’re not stepping out of the house, or do not want to engage in elaborate skin care. Look for a moisturising cream that suits your specific skin type and needs, for example, a hydrating one if you have dry skin, or an oil-controlling one if your skin is more on the oilier side. If you wish, you can also combine the previous step with this one, with our face-serum cream, and enjoy the best of two worlds in one use!
6. Sunscreen - This step is non-negligible if you’re going out during the day, or even if you’re staying in but have sunlight coming in through your windows. UV rays are harmful to the skin in ways more than one, and a sunscreen is the protective layer between those and your skin. Whether it’s a moisturiser with SPF, or a separate sunscreen, always, always put it on before stepping out of the house!
7. Always remember to prep and prime your skin before and after applying makeup, and avoid using face wipes to remove makeup since they don’t do the job of cleansing well and may leave dirt behind, and are also rough on your skin. If you’re breaking out or have active acne, do not put makeup on top of them and consult your dermatologist for an effective spot treatment!
8. If you’re feeling extra fancy, feel free to use sheet masks for that extra hydration, especially when you’re flying and the skin tends to get really dry. Drink a good amount of water, and keep yourself hydrated at all times! If you’re healthy inside, it’ll reflect on the outside.
9. If you have extremely dry skin, you might want to add some facial oil to your moisturiser for that glowing look, and also for other soothing benefits.
How do I start a skincare routine?
As a beginner, figuring out your skin care routine might be quite overwhelming, but worry not, because we’ve got your back! Follow the order of products as we’ve discussed, apply them gently, and you’re good to go! You don’t need to own a lot of expensive products, but make sure that the skin care you’re using is toxin-free; always choose the best natural face wash and a natural face serum. Remember, if you choose goodness, goodness will also choose you!
What is a normal skincare routine?
A natural skincare routine that suits and complements your skin, is the answer to your problems! Apart from following the steps mentioned above, we also encourage you to opt for a natural, fluoride-free toothpaste and prioritise a life of zero toxicity!